March 18, 2015 at 5:39 pm #3079hessinemaaouiKeymaster
Numerical Method, Inc. is a mathematics consulting company.
We are now seeking candidates to develop numerical computing software in Hong Kong.
Successful candidates will contribute towards the research, design, testing and implementation of machine learning algorithms and big data analytics. They will get experience to solve real world problems, such as those in prediction game outcomes, investment and finance. This is an opportunity to receive first hand guidance from experts in the field as well as being exposed to the work of seasoned colleagues. As some of our teammates are from the financial trading world, this will be an excellent opportunity for those who want to build their career in quantitative trading.
Interested candidates should have a background in differential equations, optimization, statistics and signal processing, but we will consider candidates with strong background in related fields, such as physics, industrial engineering and computer sciences. You should be passionate about everything to do with data and already have top-level experience working in data modeling and quantitative analysis. Above all, we’re looking for someone with an ability to solve challenging problems and provide innovative practical solutions quickly and efficiently, to communicate their ideas forthrightly, and to work effectively as part of a team to achieve a common goal.
The candidates should
– have a Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as machine learning, big data analytics, applied mathematics, quantitative finance, statistics, signal processing, operations research from the leading institutions
– have experience in performing data modeling and quantitative analysis, preferably for Internet, technology or financial companies
– be familiar with Matlab and/or R
– have some programming experience in Java/C#/C++/C, but not required
– experiences in data visualization and dashboard tools is a plus: Tableau Software, Pentaho, Business Objects, …
During the interviews, candidates are expected to show fair understanding of their fields and explain their thesis topics. There will also be brain teaser type questions.
If interested, please send a resume to:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.